Is Dubai Child Friendly?
In a word, ABSOLUTELY!
Dubai can be a family vacation paradise if you plan your trip well. And by that we mean paying close attention to your seasons and budget.
The Emiratis themselves have large families, and family is central to everything they do. Many of the city’s modern attractions are built for families.
And many of Dubai’s attractions can be enjoyed for free or at very little cost. When you start visiting several of the major theme parks and attractions, the costs quickly add up. We recommend purchasing a Dubai Pass or Dubai Go City All-Inclusive or Explorer Pass to save some when visiting Dubai with children.
So When Is The Best Time To Visit Dubai With Kids?
Dubai doesn’t really work in the traditional seasons, rather hot, very hot and my goodness can it get that hot?
This means that winters are very mild but summers can be uncomfortable, but not impossible, for visiting young children.
We suggest that the most comfortable time of year to visit family is between November and early April. Those who like the heat will still find it pleasant from October to mid-May. Visits during the traditional European school holiday periods of Christmas/New Year and Easter are the busiest times and prices increase accordingly.
Here we have a very detailed travel guide that breaks down visits to Dubai each month to help you plan the perfect time based on the weather and what’s happening in the city.
Things to Do in Dubai with Kids
- Enjoy at KidZania in Dubai Mall
- Allow your kids to have fun, explore, and be their best selves in KidZania, an interactive play environment created especially for kids
- Kidzania offers some great activities to do at Dubai with kids, because they have more than 40 professions kids learn them in fun and creative ways
- Watch your kids take classes at KidZania University and earn special degrees in their fields option
- Allow children to develop under the supervision of a “supervisor” who will help them run their business
- Let children work at Kidzania Food Bars, including McDonalds, Pizza Express and Kinder Chocolate Factory, and learn cooking basics
- Enter the Kidzania Games room, which offers some fun indoor games like table tennis and kids billiards
Location: Level 2, The Dubai Mall – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Price: 63 – 90 AED
Timings: Saturday to Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Thursday & Friday: 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Watch the Dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium
- At the Dubai Dolphin Show, see playful bottlenose dolphins and fur seals dancing and performing magic tricks with your kids
- See exotic birds talk and interact with the public at the Show Bird Creek Park Show
- Join the “Swim with the Dolphins” experience and bring your child closer to these intelligent creatures
- Your child can navigate his way through the curves of the Mirror Maze, The mirror-based maze challenges people to find their way as it processes thousands of reflections
Location: Riyadh Street, Inside the Creek Park Gate 1, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Price: 41 – 52 AED
Timings: 10:00 am to 7:30 pm. Closed on Sundays
- Visit Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
- Explore the twists and turns of Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, the world’s largest underwater aquarium, home to over 140,
- marine species. Admire the diverse array of marine life housed in the aquarium’s tanks, with the largest population of tiger sharks in the world
- The Underwater Zoo Shark Trainer Adventure, which takes you on a guided tour of the shark tanks, will bring your brave side to the put sample.
- Dive into the deep blue waters with special aquarium experiences such as Cage Snorkeling or the Shark Walker Experience
- Get a chance to meet the world’s largest crocodile at the King Croc Encounter, which is surely one of the most exciting activities in Dubai with children is the underwater zoo
Location: Financial Center Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Price: 70 – 89 AED
Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Enjoy Skiing at the Ski Dubai
- Escape the heat of Dubai at Ski Dubai, the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort
- Choose from a range of ski runs at the resort to suit your level of expertise
- Join some the most fun snow activities to do in Dubai with kids, such as snowboarding, sledding, sledding or snowshoeing
- Enjoy the amazing penguin show with your kids and even even get the chance to interact with these amazing animals
- Feel the gentle breeze as you swing from one end of the park to the other, snowy slopes whizzing past you on all sides
Location: Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai, UAE
Price: 178 – 198 AED
Timings: Sunday – Thursday: 10.00 am – 12.00 pm & Friday – Saturday: 09.00 am – 12.00 am.
- Explore IMG Worlds of Adventure
- Try some of the best things to do in Dubai with kids at IMG Worlds, the first mega-themed amusement park in Dubai
- Explore the seven adventure zones at IMG Worlds of Adventure: Marvel, Cartoon Network, Lost Valley, IMG Boulevard, Haunted Hotel, IMG Kids Zone and Novo Cinemas, all of which will transport you to a new world
- Ride some of Dubai’s most amazing roller coasters at Lost Valley, the dinosaur adventure zone
- Test your fears at the Haunted Hotel, the haunted hotel house maze
- Lassen Let your kids see their favorite Marvel and Cartoon Network characters live, interact with them, and pose for a photo
- Leave the park with their choice of themed merchandise and choose from a variety of themed clothing, toys, and collectibles
- Watch an amazing movie at the Novo Cinema, the newest 12-screen complex at IMG Worlds
Location: Located at E311, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, and can be reached by any local transport.
Price: 153 – 180 AED
12:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Saturday to Wednesday)
12:00 PM to 9:00 PM (Thursday & Friday)
- Enjoy with Kids at the Legoland
- Check out some of the best things to do in Dubai with kids at Legoland, Dubai’s very own Lego
- theme park. Take a tour of the Legoland factory to see how Lego
- is made. Try some of the activities Take the kids to explore a variety of land and water rides at Legoland
- . Explore the wide range of mini roller coasters, spiral rides and other kid-friendly thrills at Legoland
- Dry Park. Let your kids learn to drive and get a driver’s license from the Legoland
- license. Learn to pilot a ship or fly an airplane at Legoland ‘s Airplane and Navigation Schools. Zoom down the water slides or spend some time in the Pool waves of Legoland water park . Stroll the gift and merchandise shops at Legoland with your favorite Lego items and novelties
Location: Located at Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite Palm Jebel Ali, and can be reached by any local transport
Price: 146 – 229 AED
Timings: Operates daily from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Visit the Dubai Miracle Garden
- Take a tour of the Dubai Miracle Gardens, the world’s largest natural flower garden.
- Admire the realistic rendering of Emirates Flight A380, the world’s largest installation made entirely of flowers Piece that changes appearance with the seasons
- Pose for a photo at Sunflower Field, one of the most beautiful spots in Dubai Miracle Gardens
- Observe See the flower procession, the elaborate parade with song and dance in the gardens, it can be one of the most exciting things to do in Dubai with kids
- Afternoon tea at the cafes of Hill Top, a flower-filled corner overlooking the entire Miracle garden
Location: Al Barsha South 3, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Price: 117 – 185 AED
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Sunday to Friday)
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Saturday Only)
- Visit the Burj Khalifa
- Take in one of the most popular things to do in Dubai with kids with a tour of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa . Take in the amazing views from one of the tower’s three observatories, located on floors 124, 125 and 148 respectively
- Take your child on one of the world’s fastest elevators to the 124th floor of building
- Powerful telescopes installed on the observatory on each floor allow you to zoom to city attractions Enjoy tea and other beverages at Sky, the premium lounge on the 148th floor, while taking in breathtaking views of the
- th city Discover all the special experiences on the 125th floor , including a virtual reality tour around the tower, a special glass floor experience, and a green screen photography area
Location: 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Price: 132 – 303 AED
For 124th & 125th Floor:-
Non-prime hours are from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm and 07:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Prime hours are 4:00 pm to 6.30 pm
For 148th,124th & 125th Floor:-
Non-prime hours are 07:00 pm, 08:00 pm, 9:00 pm
Prime hours are 12:00 pm to 6.00 pm
- Witness the Beautiful Dubai Fountain
- Witness a show of the world’s tallest fountain, the
- Dubai Fountain. See light, sound and water come together in a stunning visual spectacle at the fountain show, making it one of the best things to do in Dubai with kids
- Walk past the Dubai Fountain Walk to get you as close to the
- show as possible
Location: Located at Fashion Parking, Dubai Mall, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, The Dubai Fountain can be reached through the Dubai Fountain Lake Ride.
Price: 17 – 29 AED
Timings: Operates daily from 5:45 PM to 11:30 PM
- Go for Marina Dinner Cruise
- Take in amazing views of the Dubai skyline as you board the Marina Cruise Dinner Cruise, one of the best things to do in Dubai with kids, where you can enjoy a variety of delicious Arabic food Arab
- Cruise past Dubai’s most famous landmarks, such as Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or Burj Al Arab, you can also take pictures of them
- Enjoy a traditional dance performance on board dinner cruise during when you enjoy your delicious dinner
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Price: 107 – 118 AED
Timings: 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM (Everyday)
- Enjoy Thrilling Rides at the Aquaventure Waterpark
- Spend the day at Atlantis Aquavoji, one of the world’s largest water parks, trying out all the rides, thrills and private beach Chambers, Dubai’s unique underwater aquarium, home to 21 exhibits crowded with over 65,000 sea creatures
- Try some of the most exciting water activities to do in Dubai with kids, like cage diving, snorkeling and ray feeding
- Take a break from the train ride Get an adrenaline rush and relax at Aquavoji Beach with your little ones
Location: Atlantis The Palm – Crescent Rd – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Price: 92 – 138 AED
Timings: 10 AM to 6 PM(Monday-Sunday)
- Enjoy a Fun-filled Day at Wild Wadi Water Park
- At Wild Wadi, choose from thirty fun-filled thrills and attractions, each inspired by the folkloric characters of Sinbad and Juha.
- Slide down the ultra-fast Jumeirah Sceirah, the fastest and tallest free-falling waterslide in the Middle East Waves from Breaker’s Bay, the largest wave pool in the Gulf
- Challenge your family to a gunfight on Juha’s Dhow and Lagoon adventure
- Slide Juha’s Journey down the lazy river that runs through the water park
- Test your surfing skills on Wipeout and Riptide, two of the park’s surfboards
- Spend some time relaxing at FISHO, the fish spa at Wild Wadi
- Satisfy your hunger pangs a busy day on the water with lunch or dinner at Surfer’s Burgers or Firecrust Pizza, the two onsite restaurants in the wild wadi
Location: Jumeirah Street, Next to Burj Al Arab Jumeirah 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Price: 178 – 297 AED
Timings: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm ( Sunday – Thursday )
- Enjoy Rides at Dreamland Aqua Park
The amazing Dreamland Aqua Park offers you all the exciting things to do with kids in Dubai. Water parks are always a fun place for kids and this one is unique where there are many adventure rides including rides like Family Raft Rides and Twisters.
The first is a family activity where you can take your children on a water ride and the second allows the cyclist to make several turns before finally throwing himself into the water. There are a number of such attractions along with a large open jacuzzi and dead wave pool to relax and unwind.
Location: Umm Al Quwain, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Price: 176 – 224 AED
Timings: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm